How to Cancel Spotify Premium
Spotify is one of the most loved and widely used music streaming service of present times. Of course, Spotify is also available for free, but a huge number of users have subscribed for Spotify premium to get the best possible experience. But, for some people justifying the cost of the premium is a bit hard since they are not using Spotify that much. Some of us might feel more at home with the Apple ecosystem and prefer apple music to Spotify since it integrates closely with iOS. Some of us prefer higher quality audio streams that Tidal is providing over Spotify premium. All these things may add up to the question, Is it possible to Cancel Spotify premium? If yes, then How to cancel Spotify premium?
Say that you are already a subscriber to Spotify premium services. But, due to some reasons mentioned above or any other cause of your own, you want to cancel your Spotify premium. There is nothing to worry about. Spotify allows you to cancel its subscription at any time of your choosing. You can even resubscribe if you so choose.
What does paying for Spotify premium get you?
Ad-supported music and being able to play music only in shuffle mode are a few of the disadvantages of the free version of Spotify over Spotify premium. If you go ahead and subscribe for Spotify premium, you will be awarded the following features and benefits:
- You will be able to listen to the music of your choice.
- If you don’t like any song, you can skip it since you have the ability to perform unlimited skips.
- You no longer have to deal with ads.
- You will be able to download music for offline playback.
- You will be able to build a premium music library.
What would it cost you to avail Spotify premium services?
Spotify provides you with a variety of options based on the different needs of different customers. You can pick and choose the pricing options that you want. At the time of writing, some of the pricing options Spotify provides you are:
- A Spotify premium for an “Individual” (1 account) costs $9.99 per month. However, as a special treat, for first-time subscribers, Spotify is providing a premium for three months at the same price.
- If you are looking for a premium for yourself and your partner (2 accounts), Spotify offers a “Duo” premium at $12.99 per month.
- Spotify also offers a “Family” premium (6 accounts) at $15.99 per month.
- “Student” premium (1 account) offers you services at $4.99 per month for students only.
How to cancel Spotify premium on an Android device?
You can cancel Spotify premium service on your android device by following these easy steps:
- Go to your phone/tablet’s web browser.
- Type spotify.com in the address bar and then log in to your Spotify account.
- Click/tap on Manage Plan.
- Find Spotify Premiumand click/tap.
- Then select Change or Cancel.
- Confirm your cancelation on the next page.
- Once you have confirmed your cancelation, Spotify will terminate your premium services. Make sure of it by going to the Spotify app.
How to cancel Spotify premium on a Computer or a Laptop?
These easy steps will help you cancel your Spotify premium on a computer or a laptop.
- Open your web browser and go to spotify.com.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Once you are logged in, on the second tab from the top on the left-hand side, you will see Available Plans; click on it.
- Click Cancel Premiumat the bottom of the page.
- Confirm your cancelation on the next page.
- Once you have confirmed your cancellation, Spotify will halt your premium subscription.
How to cancel Spotify premium on an Apple device?
If you have bought Spotify premium subscription on an Apple device, you can follow these steps to cancel your subscription if you so choose.
- Go to settings; at the top of the settings app, you will find your name, click/tap on it.
- Click/tap Media Purchases.
- Click/tap Once you are on the Subscriptions page, click/tap on Spotify from the list of active and expired purchases.
- Click/tap Cancel Subscription, and then confirm your action.
If you follow these steps but don’t see any option to cancel your Spotify premium, it doesn’t mean this guide has failed you. It might be because you are subscribed to Spotify Premium through another account or your cellphone carrier. It could be possible that you are already using a free version, and there is no premium account for you to cancel. Make sure that you are on the correct account to cancel your Spotify premium subscription.